If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in the Policy, please do not submit any personal data to us.
We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will we collect? How will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you
- To allow you to participate in specialist online training services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To market our, full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, outplacement and recruitment process outsourcing services)
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Where will my information be held? Where will it be accessible from?
How do I find out what information you hold? Can I amend, modify or require my information to be deleted? Can I unsubscribe to your services?
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us.
How long will you hold my information for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
We also collect information about the way job seekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this manner in a way that any individual can be identified, and will use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc., for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes where you have consented to this. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records your navigation of a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options to you based upon the stored information about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent acceptance of cookies.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
We use “cookies” to:
(1) monitor site user traffic patterns and site usage. This helps us to understand how our users use our websites so that we can develop and improve the design, layout and functionality of the sites; and
(2) to help us to advertise to you jobs we think you will be interested in.
There are different kinds of cookies with different functions:
Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics (see section 6on Google Analytics) and for personalisation cookies (see section 7 on Personalisation Cookies).
The only third party cookies we use on our site are Google Analytics (please see section6 on Google Analytics)
The cookies we use are explained below:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to use the site effectively such as applying for a job and therefore cannot be turned off without these cookies, the services available to you on our site cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies
These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our site. For example they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular. We use Google analytics for this purpose (see section 6) and all information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore remains anonymous. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the policies you buy. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Google Analytics
- How to reject cookies
If you don’t wish to receive cookies that are not strictly necessary to perform basic features of our site you may choose to opt out of them by selecting the appropriate box that will be prompted to you.
Note that most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept all or some or reject cookies in your browser’s privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that certain features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/). You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Links to other websites